Origins High School is a district public school that prepares students for success in college by building on strengths and being attentive to individual needs. We make it a priority to know students and families well through our advisory program. Our inquiry-based curriculum asks students to develop questions, conduct research, and prepare in-depth projects that exhibit their learning. Origins’ challenging liberal arts education is grounded in small group work, reading analysis, and an emphasis on writing. Students present portfolios of work to panels of teachers and community members twice a year and as a graduation requirement. At Origins, we graduate students that are active, confident learners and problem-solvers. Follow on Twitter, Instagram, and/or Facebook for further updates.
Please register for the workshop using one of the links below:
- Wednesday April 28 @ 6pm: Register HERE
- Wednesday May 5 @ 6pm: Register HERE
- Wednesday May 12 @ 6pm: Register HERE
Request for a Grade Change:
Parents can request that any of their child’s PASSING GRADES be changed to CR for credit. A CR will not affect your GPA. Click HERE to request the change.
Reflections on the Murder of George Floyd from Chancellor Porter
On Tuesday, April 20, 2021, Boys and Girls Varsity Track & Field will begin practicing on
our outdoor track. Student athletes will begin entering the building at 3pm with practices
running 3:30-5:30pm. (See Details below):
Download PSAL Forms:
- Student COVID-19 Consent Form HERE
- PSAL Medical & Health History HERE
- PSAL Parental Consent Form HERE
Important Message from OHS PA President, Ms. Lang: Our Parent Association works tirelessly to provide resources & opportunities for all students and their families at Origins H.S. Please show support and pride and donate $10 today to receive an official Origins High School t-shirt! Show OHS Pride…Show Support.
Buy here: https://tinyurl.com/4wwe2bkk More details HERE
Dear Origins Family,
We are very excited to welcome students back into the building for in-person learning!
All students doing in-person learning are expected to be at school between 8-8:20am. Also, students doing in-person learning should bring with them:
- A laptop
- Personal headphones
- A bottle of water
- Hand sanitizer
- COVID testing consent form
- 2 masks (one to wear and one as a backup)
- Daily health screening form
We will be following all health and safety protocols that were in place in the fall, including wearing masks at all times and maintaining 6 feet of social distance. We feel very confident that learning in the building will feel safe and we trust all members of our community to help keep each other safe and healthy.
All my best and see you soon,
NYC Schools Account:
Did you know that you can track your child’s education on any computer, phone, or tablet? You can also sign the COVID-19 consent form, right in the NYC Schools Account (NYCSA). To create an account, please CLICK HERE
Origins High School & District 22 Updates:
- Student COVID-19 Testing Consent Form: English; Español; Pусский; عربي; اردو; 中国人; Kreyòl Ayisyen;
- OHS Synchronous Schedule (All Grades): Click HERE
- 2020-2021 School Year Calendar HERE
- 2020-21 Directory Information Notice & Opt Out Form for the National Student Clearinghouse: HERE
- OHS COVID Grading Policy: Read it in: English; Arabic; Creole; Chinese; Russian; Spanish.
- Please UPDATE your Emergency Contact Form (Blue Card) Here.
- Gym Clothes Ordering: CLICK HERE TO ORDER PHYS ED CLOTHES
For more Information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 891 0037
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Mr. Yahya Haoumi to request assistance.