Origins High School is a district public school that prepares students for success in college by building on strengths and being attentive to individual needs. We make it a priority to know students and families well through our advisory program. Our inquiry-based curriculum asks students to develop questions, conduct research, and prepare in-depth projects that exhibit their learning. Origins’ challenging liberal arts education is grounded in small group work, reading analysis, and an emphasis on writing. Students present portfolios of work to panels of teachers and community members twice a year and as a graduation requirement. At Origins, we graduate students that are active, confident learners and problem-solvers. Follow on Twitter, Instagram, and/or Facebook for further updates.
Dear Origins Family,
We’re excited to welcome you and your student to Origins High School as we begin full-time in-person learning on Monday, September 13, starting at 7:45AM. Please make sure your child is on time for school.
**If your child still has an Origins laptop at home, please make sure that he/ she returns it on the first day of school. Laptops will be available in all classrooms this year.
Below are links to some important information for the school year:
- COVID-19 Consent Form CLICK HERE
- Vaccination Opportunity at Origins!! Find out more info here: CLICK HERE
- 9th Grade 2021-2022 Supply List: CLICK HERE
- OHS Family Calendar: CLICK HERE (updates will be made to the calendar for school-wide events such as Homecoming and Senior Activities, as we receive further guidance on large group gatherings)
- Origins Dress Code CLICK HERE
- Origins Cell Phone & Electronic Devices Policy CLICK HERE
- Walking Permission Slip CLICK HERE
- Media Use/Release Permission Slip CLICK HERE
- Family Emergency Contact Card (Fill out & return to the Main Office): Click HERE
- NYC Schools Account (Please create your account to enjoy useful academic and school-related benefits). CLICK HERE
- Important Health & Safety Guidelines: CLICK HERE
- If your child is planning to play sports this school year, please be aware that the DOE is now requiring that student athletes who participate in certain “high risk” sports get vaccinated before the first day of competitive play. We will be holding a virtual information session next week about athletics; details will be shared ahead of time. For more information about this announcement from the DOE: CLIC K HERE
Please reach out with any questions about the above information or anything else as we start the 2021-22 school year. We look forward to welcoming you in-person to the Origins community!
Origins High School & District 22 Updates:
- Updates from the Chancellor’s Office (Week of September 13–17, 2021): Click HERE
- Student COVID-19 Testing Consent Form: English; Español; Pусский; عربي; اردو; 中国人; Kreyòl Ayisyen;
- 2020 Water Testing Post Remediation Results: Click HERE
- 2020-21 Directory Information Notice & Opt Out Form for the National Student Clearinghouse: HERE
- OHS COVID Grading Policy: Read it in: English; Arabic; Creole; Chinese; Russian; Spanish.
- Please UPDATE your Emergency Contact Form (Blue Card) Here.
- Gym Clothes Ordering: CLICK HERE TO ORDER PHYS ED CLOTHES
For more Information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (718) 891 0037
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Mr. Yahya Haoumi to request assistance.